This is an alternative for those who can not access their Operating System Installation Disc to install the East Asian Language Pack. Most of these files were individually hunted down on the internet. Big thanks to dlldump.com who had all of the DLL files in their database.
East Asian Language Pack for Windows XP.rar is a 90.7MB file.
Download Links (Temporarily Down)
Update on 3/11/2014
I have re-acquired the file, and I am trying to get it up on a few different servers.
I will post the links here as they become available.
- Navigate to your control panel and open up the "Regional and Language options."
- Under "Regional and Language options" choose the "language" tab.
- Under the "language" tab you will see a section named "Supplemental Language Support" and several check boxes within that section, place a check in the box labeled "Install files for East-Asian languages."
- Now choose OK and a window will open allowing you to manually navigate to the files I have provided. Choose browse and open each file when prompted.
- After the install is complete your will be prompted to restart the system for the changes to take effect.
- If you can read this (漢字) then it's working
Notes about this install
- I can't guarantee this will work for you. However, this has worked for me when nothing else would.
- I am running on XP SP3. I have no idea if this will work for
XP Proor Office. (someone has confirmed this works for Office as well as Professional, thanks)
- Does this work on other versions of windows like Vista or
7? Please comment your success or.. failure. Thanks in advance.(someone stated this comes pre installed on Windows 7, thanks)
- You need 7zip or an equivelant program to extract the compressed files.
- If the files are down, post in the comments and I will try to fix the link as soon as possible.