Download MirrorsEast Asian Language Pack for Windows XP.rar is a 90.7MB file
- Navigate to your control panel and open up the "Regional and Language options."
- Under "Regional and Language options" choose the "language" tab.
- Under the "language" tab you will see a section named "Supplemental Language Support" and several check boxes within that section, place a check in the box labeled "Install files for East-Asian languages."
- Now choose OK and a window will open allowing you to manually navigate to the files I have provided. Choose browse and open each file when prompted.
- After the install is complete your will be prompted to restart the system for the changes to take effect.
- If you can read this (漢字) then it's working
Notes about this install
- I can't guarantee this will work for you. However, this has worked for me when nothing else would.
- I am running on XP SP3. I have no idea if this will work for
XP Proor Office. (someone has confirmed this works for Office as well as Professional, thanks)
- Does this work on other versions of windows like Vista or
7? Please comment your success or.. failure. Thanks in advance.(someone stated this comes pre installed on Windows 7, thanks)
- You need 7zip or an equivalent program to extract the compressed files.
- If the files are down, post in the comments or contact me with the form in the side bar and I will re-upload the file.
- If this method isn't working you could try here for an alternate installation process.
- You may be interested in: Setting your Windows System Locale to Japanese